This is an awesome Sunday night dinner or great weeknight dinner if you prep while you’re cooking the night before. Also a great meal for a small dinner party as it can cook while you socialize and drink with your guests.
- 4 chicken breasts with skin on and bone in
- 5 red potatoes (quartered)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1½ cup of green beans (trimmed) can also use asparagus if someone in your house doesn’t like green beans, like my house.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary or oregano (your preference)
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Directions: if cooking the same night preheat oven to 450 and then do the prep work. If prepping ahead of time do all prep work and cover pan with saran wrap and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Prep directions: quarter red potatoes and trim green beans and place in oven safe baking pan. Add three lemon slices to bottom of pan. Mix olive oil, chicken broth and 2 tbsp of lemon juice together. Pour mixture in pan. Place chicken skin side up in pan. Place minced garlic cloves and chopped herbs under the skin of the chicken then drizzle chicken with olive oil. Lastly salt and pepper the chicken and vegetables.
- Cooking directions: place pan in oven heated at 450. At 55 min check chicken with meat thermometer* to see if its ready. If so remove and let veggies cook for another 10 min, if not leave in pan and spoon broth from the bottom of the pan over the chicken skin to keep it moist and give it a nice glaze. Do this in 5 min increments until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through.
*If you don’t have a meat thermometer you should! They’re $5 at the supermarket, but if not cut chicken in the thickest part away from the bone and if juices run clear and no longer pink it is cooked.