A homemade smoothie always sounds good in theory, but let’s be honest at 7:45 am pouring cereal into a bowl just sounds so much easier. Then by 10:30 am you’re starving even if it was $7.00 organic granola with all the power boosts that should make you feel like Wonder Woman.
I’d been seeing these bagged smoothie recipes on Pinterest for a while and finally decided to give it a try for the fact that I was preaching to my mother battling breast cancer that she should be doing this every morning and yet wasn’t following my own advice.
The boy was also on board for a better breakfast which when you’re trying to incorporate a healthy habit I always believe in the buddy system. Even better if that buddy is your roommate or who you get naked in front of.
Key note: Do the prep right after you’ve unpacked the groceries. Don’t even put the fruit & veggies in the fridge or you won’t follow through. Get them washed, have ziploc sandwich sized bags ready and start assembly lining your week’s worth. While you’re doing this you can also be hard boiling your eggs for the week. Protein packed breakfast here you come!
- ¼ cup of spinach
- ½ cup of mixed berries (you’re choice)
- ½ cup of ice
- ¼ cup of almond milk or any milk you choose
- ¼ tablespoon of flax seed for protein
- ⅛ tablespoon of macro greens powder
- Wash fruits & veggies. Put spinach & fruit in ziploc bag. Place in fridge if making for just the next few days. Any longer throw them in the freezer.
- When ready bring out fruit bag, milk, ice, flax seed & macro greens. Throw in Vitamix or Ninja blender.